CBS

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Into Darkness Publicity

I haven't written much about Star Trek Into Darkness because I'm not really looking forward to it.  Before we had any news about the film I was hopeful that it might be better than Star Trek (2009) but all the rumours I confirmed here last April have been proven accurate.  Of course I'll still go to see it but I don't have high hopes.

The first two posters released for the film were awful.  First of all, they're unoriginal; ripping off everything from Batman to Transformers.  Second, they're so dark!  Obviously that's what the filmmakers are going for (just see the title) but that's not Star Trek to me.


When Paramount began releasing posters for each of the characters I had high hopes that the Spock one might be nice.  The first Spock poster features Spock inside the Nibiru volcano.  I don't love this one but it's at least not awful.  The second one features an armed Spock.  In fact, most of the character posters feature armed heroes.  Guns are also not something I associate greatly with Star Trek.  Also, given all the gun controversy in the United States in past six months it just seems like poor taste.


There haven't been any great publicity photos released.  There are lots of stills from the film but the only other posed image I've seen is the fold-out cover from Empire Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment