CBS

Friday, October 19, 2012

Halloween on Vulcan: Anovos

October has always been my favourite month of the year.  The weather is ideal for my tastes and it's got my favourite holiday: Halloween!  Over Star Trek's 46 year history there have been many products created specifically for Halloween and cosplayers.  I thought it might be appropriate to run down some of the Vulcan items.

I'd like to begin with the most recent and most fantastic entries.  These come from a company called Anovos.  Anovos was founded in 2009 and they were first given the license to re-create uniforms from Star Trek XI.  Later, their offerings expanded to include the rest of the Star Trek franchise and also Battlestar Galactica.  They do meticulous research for all their pieces; even sourcing original patterns and fabrics.  In my opinion, their work is masterful.

Right now, Anovos is accepting pre-orders for season three-type Spock uniform tunics.  These are made from the original double-knit fabric used on the originals.  I always thought the season three uniforms looked better than the velour versions from the first two seasons.  Priced at about $300 these are definitely not for casual fans or kids' Halloween costumes.  They're targeted to adult collectors.  I think the price tag is quite reasonable for the quality.







For those fans who would prefer the velour fabric, Anovos is currently working on them.  You can sign up for updates on their website.

The first tunics Anovos made were from Star Trek XI.  Though I don't love that film I think Michael Kaplan did a great job of updating the uniforms.  I really like the two-piece construction and the patterned fabric is pretty cool.  These are, sadly, no longer available but they will be again some day.  Keep watching the Anovos website for updates.






Stay tuned for more Halloween on Vulcan!

No comments:

Post a Comment